Easy Homemade Valentine “Bon Bons” for Less than $1.25 Each!
I love giving little presents any chance I get. (Thank you Valentine’s Day!)
Tomorrow is my NALTA team’s weekly clinic, and on Friday I’ll be playing a pick up game at the Y. I decided to bring all my tennis friends little homemade (well, okay, mostly homemade…home-assembled) Valentine “bon bon” goodie bags.
- Two different colors of napkins or tissue paper (I used guest-sized napkins. You could also stick with one color. I was just trying to make my gifts look a little more festive.)
- Candy (I chose 4 different kinds: Hearts, hugs, kisses and Sweethearts. But you could also bake something and wrap them in these too if you’re talented that way.)
- Time (They’re not hard to put together but they did take me about 45 minutes to assemble them all. Of course, I was also distracted watching the Olympics at the time so I’m sure that slowed me down.)
- Place napkins so one is laying at an angle on top of the other.
- Put candy (or baked goods) in the middle.
- Gather up the sides and tie together with ribbon.
So easy right?
- $14.27 for the candy (I didn’t buy any on sale. This was sort of a last minute decision so I had no coupons on hand. I’m sure I could’ve spent less if I’d put more thought into it.)
- $6.00 for the napkins (Again, if I’d thought to go to the dollar store I’m sure I could’ve scored a better deal.)
- I already had ribbon on hand. That cost me $0!
- Total = $20.27
TOTAL BAGS MADE
For a grand total of $1.19 per bon bon bag!
Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.